Monday, March 25, 2013

Buon Appetito!

Cooking for please? Yes, please.
Cooking out of obligation? No, thank you.

I truly love cooking when I have the freedom to whip up whatever I want, whenever I want. As soon as I have to rush home after an 8 hr shift and get dinner on the table all love is out the window. 

I used to work at a little Italian restaurant. While I don't miss working there one bit, I truly miss the cooking. This weekend I got nostalgic and pulled my  pizza crafting skills out of the closet.

INGREDIENTS:

Fresh dough
Marinara/pizza paste
Pesto
Pineapple
Canadian Bacon
Mozzarella
Olives
Fresh tomatoes  

Cooking for myself, I would have gone a different route on toppings. Cooking for others, I aim to please.

I'm happy to know that my pizza crafting skills haven't faded away yet. Although I am still wondering where all of my other Italian cooking skills have gone. Oh, how I miss carbonara and chicken marsala. I guess it's true when they say cooking is a skill - if you don't use it, you'll lose it. Hopefully some day I'll have the time to take a walk through the grocery store and rekindle my relationship with Italian cuisine.

Cook at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, have a glass of wine while you wait, and you are done!

The best part about pizza is that there are very few pots and pans to scrub... everyone's favorite part of cooking.

Let me know below if anyone has any suggestions on dishes I could make to get back into cooking. Bonus points for gluten-free items.

No comments:

Post a Comment