Thursday, June 6, 2013

Throwback Thursday with the 90's


90's Survey
I cannot believe people are starting to have 90's themed parties and dances. I mean, the 80's were always considered dress-up for my generation. It's hard to believe the 90's ended 14 years ago! 

I was lucky to be born in the late 80's and experience all 10 years of the 90's. I was comparing the 90's with a friend that grew up in England and was shocked at the differences. The British definitely missed out on some of the best trends.




 Favourite TV show
I could easily list 50 shows here
Nickelodeon was huge in my book. I was obsessed with the Rugrats, Doug, Eureek's Castle
Doug

& I think Full House is an absolute 90's staple



Favourite Toy: 

I was a Barbie girl through and through. They were my life. I had a Barbie house that was collapsible that I just loved. The rare times that I would get in trouble this was the one item that was taken away from me... and I just thought it was the end of the world. 

I was also a huge collector of Pogs. My brother and I had buckets of these things. The only downside is I was the only girl on the block and the neighbor boys never wanted to trade unicorn pogs.


Nsync or Backstreet boys:

Ohh neither. I was a Hanson fangirl 100%.


Weirdest fashion trend: 

Denim everrrrything. I think this trend contributed to my current lack of appreciation for the fabric. There was also the glitter trend, crazy color patterns, and cheap plastic jewelry. Looking back I definitely wasn't a huge fan of 90's fashion.


Favourite collectibles:

Holiday Barbies. I had one for every year and the Christmas ornament to match

I also had all these Wizard of Oz beauties

And of course Disney VHS Tapes


Favourite Beanie Baby:
Goochy. I didn't have many Beanie Babies but this guy was my favorite.
How many virtual pets did you go through?

This was my very first virtual pet. I would clip it to my jeans and think I was sooo cool.
Then I had a white frosted nano pet with pink buttons. I'm sure there were many to follow.

Fun fact! You can buy an app that brings you back to the good old days of virtual pets.


Favourite game console + game: 

Playstation 1, Crash Bandicoot 


Favourite Disney channel original movie? 

I think most of my favorite Disney movies came out very early 2000's but the 90's had some gems.
Halloweentown (1998)


Don't Look Under the Bed (1999)

And I don't think it was Disney but Wish Upon A Star (1996)


Favourite candy? 

Wax bottles. Honestly they're not even that great and there's more wax than juice. But I loved them so much growing up. 

Astropops. I had to look up the name of these but they were my absolute favorite. 


Dunkaroos. Not candy but by far the best 90's food product ever made. You can replicate the taste with graham crackers and Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting (but it's just not the same).

Favourite game (board game, school game, etc.)?

Pretty Pretty Princess. The game that requires absolutely no skill what-so-ever.

M.A.S.H.


Favourite McDonald's Happy Meal toy? 

Whatever these are.


Favourite book? 

Madeline

The Berenstain Bears Series


Favourite clothing store?

If I wasn't making my own money my mom bought my clothes.


What would you watch when you'd get home from school? 

Boy Meets World. This was my show.


If you do the survey feel free to leave a link in the comments <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey, i love your virtual pet (on the picture!) ! What's it brand ?

    ReplyDelete